URBAN OUTFITTERS & ARTS THREAD are proud to introduce the Make It Design Competition: Home Edition
In the fall of 2014, our Urban Outfitters customer is moving into their first apartment, a 400 square foot one bedroom in the city. Design something amazing and cost effective for their adventure in small space urban living. We want to see your interpretation and expression of emerging design trends for our UO customer.
Design a beautiful patchwork quilt and pillow cases.*
Design a cost-effective storage solution for books and records. Can be wall-mounted or on-the-floor. Can be a single unit or modular. Must be flat-pack-able for shipping.*
Design a comfortable, soft place to chill out and relax.*
Technical specs must include:
- CAD or Photoshop/Illustrator-rendered technical drawings of all sides (2D only for quilt)
- All meausurements
- Specifications for all fabric types, trims, stitching and embellishment (if applicable)
- Specifications for all materials and finishes, including wood, paint, metals, fabrics and hardware
- Pantone color # for all colors used
- Any special construction or decorative techniques
- Items must be designed to be flat packed (if applicable)
- Assembly/construction guidelines (if applicable)
- Quilt is 86” X 86”; Standard pillow case is 26” X 20”
- Quilt retail price range: $179–$249
- Storage retail price range: $39–$149
- Soft chair retail price range: $99–$299
Location: Open to applicants worldwide.
Age/Experience: Open to students and graduates; graduates must not be in full-time employment as a designer.
Already got an ARTS THREAD portfolio? To enter, simply log into your account, upload your design a new project, click on ‘Edit Profile’, scroll to the bottom of the page and tick the box marked ‘Urban Outfitters Home 14 Competition.’ Finally, email us at email@example.com to confirm your entry.
New to ARTS THREAD? To enter, register to create an ARTS THREAD account and at the bottom of the page tick the box marked ‘Urban Outfitters Home 14 Competition’. Go to your email and click on the activation link sent to your email Inbox, then log into your account and upload your design as a project. Finally, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your entry.
Deadline: MIDNIGHT September 29 2013
Prize: There will be 3 identical prizes of:
$1000 Cash +
$500 Urban Outfitters gift card +
Winning designs will be produced by Urban Outfitters and sold in select stores in the US & online at UrbanOutfitters.com +
Item will have a custom swing tag featuring the designer’s name
20% faithfulness to brief
For more information, download the Make It Design Competition: Home Edition brief
* Quilt, Storage & Chair only need to be designed as a sketch – they do not need to be physically made up.