Read about the 4 winners on the Levi's Unzipped Blog
We’re looking for a vision of what denim will look like in 2020.
If you love design then you should love the 501. Here’s why:
The Levi’s 501 is the template for the modern 5 pocket jean and we believe that jeans are the single most influential piece of clothing design in human history. From miners to rock stars, Shanghai to Sydney, they have been worn by more people, in more places, than any other piece of clothing. That is a testament to truly great design.
We’ve been making jeans for over 140 years. That’s our past. It’s been amazing.
Now come and work with us in San Francisco. Let’s create the future.
SVP Design, Levi’s.
Prize: A paid 10 week Design internship at Levi’s San Francisco Headquarters in summer 2016. As part of the internship you’ll get work with the best denim experts on the planet, and visit the legendary Levi’s Archive and the Eureka Innovation Lab.
Who can Enter
Location: International - from any country.
Experience/Age: Open to anyone over 18 who is -
- currently in their last year or with one year left in their studies (i.e. graduating in 2016 or 2017) in a Fashion Design program with an accredited college /university.
- graduated in summer 2015 from a Fashion Design program at an accredited college /university.
How to Enter
Already got an ARTS THREAD portfolio? To enter, simply log into your account, upload your design as a new project, return to this page and select your project into the Competition box above.
New to ARTS THREAD? To enter, register to create an ARTS THREAD account and go to your email and click on the activation link sent to your email Inbox. Then log into your account, upload your project, then return to this page and select your project into the Competition box above.
Please ensure you have read the Terms & Conditions for Denim 2020 - Levi’s x Arts Thread Design Challenge
Deadline: January 31 2016 MIDNIGHT EST
Prize: A paid 10 week Design internship at Levi’s San Francisco Headquarters in summer 2016.
We are looking for a vision of what Levi’s denim will look like in 2020.
It’s pretty simple. Design 6-8 outfits. They can be mens or womenswear or a mix of both.
Originality is important to us. So we will be looking for a strong design language. Most of all, we’ll be looking for what makes your designs different and what makes them Levi’s.
Entries Must Include:
1. Trend report – A combination of Macro, retail, catwalk, street trends – and how they have influenced your design.
2. The Tribe – describe the type of person this collection is aimed at. What do they like/do? Bring them to life - a combination of words and pictures.
3. Design Inspiration: one moodboard.
4. Design drawings: 6–8 outfits.
We’ll be judging your entry using the following criteria:
Style – aesthetics
Creativity and Innovation